|Date:||4th November – 5th November 2017 (Saturday – Sunday)|
|Venue:||Dewan Kuliah Utama, PASUM, University of Malaya|
|Time:||Please refer to schedule below.|
The Festival is open to singers and choirs from Malaysian universities/colleges/institutions of higher learning
- Symposium fee: RM 55 per participant
- Kindly enclose payment with the registration form by our Closing Deadline: Tuesday 17th October, 2017.
- Payment can be made by CASH or CHEQUE or Bank Transfer to Young Choral Academy Sdn Bhd, Maybank 5142 7144 0101.
- Cheques should be made payable to “Young Choral Academy Sdn. Bhd.”
- Participants are to wear decent and appropriate clothing throughout the festival.
- NO shorts, miniskirts, slippers, flip-flops are allowed. The organizers reserve the right to refuse entry should there be a violation of the regulations.
- Participants can wear their choir t-shirt, blue jeans and sports shoes for the Closing Concert on 5th November, Sunday.
Food and drink
- Meals (Lunch on Saturday 4th Nov & Lunch on Sunday 5th Nov) will be made available through our MCE Meal Package and is sold separately at RM22 per pax. We encourage all Festival participants to purchase this.
- Please bring your own bottled water.
- Please send all completed applications by Tuesday, 17th October 2017 to:
The 15th Malaysian Choral Eisteddfod 2017
c/o Young Choral Academy
114A Jalan Burhanuddin Helmi, TTDI
60 000 Kuala Lumpur
Dewan Kuliah Utama, PASUM, University of Malaya
Guest Conductor Biography
László Norbert Nemes, professor of the Liszt Ferenc Academy of Music in Budapest and director of the International Kodály Institute of the Liszt Academy. He holds a doctoral degree in choral conducting from the University of Alberta and a habilitation certification from the Liszt Academy of Music.
Since September 2014 he has been artistic director of the New Liszt Ferenc Chamber Choir of the Liszt Academy. For twelve years he worked as the associate conductor of the Hungarian Radio Children’s Choir. In recognition of his artistic activities he received the Bartók-Pásztory Award in 2005.
As a music pedagogue and conductor, Dr. Nemes has held workshops, master classes and seminars in Australia, Brazil, Canada, the People’s Republic of China, Finland, Greece, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, the Korean Republic, The Netherlands, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Republic of China/Taiwan, Singapore, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and the United States of America several times. Since 2012 he has been guest professor and academic consultant at the Central Conservatory of Music in Beijing, China.
|4/11/2017 SATURDAY||0930 am||Registration|
|1000 am- 1200 pm||Choral Session 1|
|1200 pm- 1300 pm||LUNCH|
|1300 pm- 1500 pm||Choral Session 2|
|5/11/2017 SUNDAY||1000 am- 1200 pm||Choral Session 3|
|1200 pm- 1300 pm||LUNCH|
|1300 pm- 1440 pm||Choral Session 4|
|1445 pm||Doors Open|
|1500 pm- 1600 pm||Closing Concert and Presentation of Certificates|